EVS: SEA IS LIFE 5
Spend 6 months with Argonauta team on Murter island, Croatia!
Start already in August 2016 and join our other EVS Gosia on this crazy adventure of educating kids and youth!
What we need from the volunteer:
– high motivation for participation in the most of the proposed activities of the placement
– knowledge of basic English
– willing to improve/develop communication skills
– interest and enthusiasm in working with children and youngsters
– interest and enthusiasm in acquiring different new skills
– interest and enthusiasm in nature and environment issues
– flexible and creative character
What we offer:
There are many activities that we plan to involve EVS volunteers in. We can group them as follows:
1. Educational Programs on biodiversity topics – help in developing and implementing
2. School in Nature programs – help in planing and implementing field work (Kornati trips, Eco-patrol, School Garden)
3. Public Campaigns – networking with Youth for Environment Europe NGO network for joint campaigns
The objectives of the proposed activities is to raise awareness of local community and general public about importance of sustainable development, nature conservation and environment protection. Objective is also to build competencies of the volunteers for future easier employment. For us is also important to include EVS volunteers in outdoor activities and field work as this is the best way of rising nature and environment awareness. Also many of activities in which volunteers will be involved are direct work with beneficiaries, as this will produce their better integration with local community and culture.
We plan the following activities in which EVS volunteers will have a chance to take part:
– to assist in daily update of youth INFO-point;
– to help in organizing local community events (voluntary actions);
– to help in developing short EVS project;
– to help in implementing youth exchanges;
– to assist in writing different project proposals;
– to help in regularly update of www.argonauta.hr;
– to assist in the administration Facebook profile of the Argonauta association;
– to make connections with other EU and neighboring countries EVS accredited organizations (firstname.lastname@example.org );
– to assist in establish communication with the organizations/institutions in volunteers home countries;
– to translate short announcements for the web in English or mother tongue;
– to promote Argonauta`s profile at social networks;
– to help in daily maintain of sea aquarium;
– to assist in designing, organizing and implementing creative workshops and materials on the topics of environmental protection, marine ecosystems and its biodiversity (children 5-8 years);
– to assist in promoting Educational Center Summer Children Program – creating and putting up posters, leaflet design and dealing daily in Summer months;
– to assist in the interpretation of Kornati archipelago biodiversity for visitors using different means available at the Centre;
– to assist in Argonauta`s presentations at different fairs and festivals in the County;
– to assist in organizing the school in nature activities (for young people aged 12-18 years);
– to present its country (values, tradition,…) by holding presentations about their countries in local primary school;
– to have a creative input in picture books or puppet shows to be released by Argonauta;
– to assist in all other work that is on going in organization;
– to open and update BLOG on EVS experience;
– to help in producing digital media promoting the work of organization and EVS program (short video and radio forms);
– to take part in different workshops organized by Argonauta within other projects.
How can you apply?
Send us your CV (Europass) and Motivation letter on email@example.com until 27.07.2016.